Hi, today I am going to share with you a tutorial on How to install original stock ROM in Samsung Galaxy Y. You may have rooted your Galaxy Y and installed custom ROM because you couldn’t resist seeing the old Gingerbread on our lovely Galaxy Y when others got the higher versions like Ice Cream Sandwich and Ginger Bread. One thing to note is, the higher versions of Android is not supported officially by Samsung and therefore, installing it on your device may void your warranty and also may slow down the performance of the device.
But dont worry, I am here to save you from both the problems. Samsung has officially released there Stock ROM for Galaxy Y and here is how you can install original stock ROM in Samsung Galaxy Y. This flashing method is the simplest one and its official. So lets see how it is done.
- Backup your phone memory, this is really important. You have to same all your files in the internal memory, take a back up of your SMS using the SMS Backup and Recovery App for android.
- Download the Original Stock ROM based on your region from here. Select the ROM for Galaxy Y from the list. Download
- Download Odin, which is an official Samsung software for installing the ROM. Place both Odin and Stock rom .zip file in a folder on desktop.
- Device should at least need 70% charge before we continue with this.
If you are done with the prerequisites then lets move on to the actual procedure.
Procedure to Install Original Stock ROM in Samsung Galaxy Y
- Extract both the zip files. The Odin will contain a file named Odin3-v1.85.exe and the ROM zip file will contain the original android Gingerbread 2.3.6 version.
- Now turn off the device and boot in recovery mode. To do that hold volume up + Home Button + Lock button for 5 seconds and the device will boot in download mode.
- Now connect your device to computer and open Odin3-v1.85.exe.
- Now you will see the yellow box in ID:COM, if you dont get this try connecting the device once more in download mode.
- The extracted file of the ROM will contain three files named PDA_S5360_DDLK2.tar, MODEM_S5360_DDLK2.tar & CSC_S5360_DDLK2.tar.
- In the Odin software click on PDA button and select the first file PDA_S5360_DDLK2.tar, and click on Phone button and select the second file and click on CSC and select the third file.
- Now select start. It will take few minutes and once the stock ROM is installed you will get PASS text and green box.
That’s it. You have successfully installed custom rom in your Galaxy Y. If you have any doubts feel free to ask me. Add me on Google+ and like us on Facebook to stay connected with latest updates. Thank you for reading.