Hi there! Today we are going to do have a look at updating Samsung Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Updating to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 from the default Gingerbread 2.3.3 or 2.3.6 requires you to go through three steps. First you have to root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, then install the custom recovery Clockworkmod and then finally flashing the device with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM. By the way, there are lot of ROM’s available and today I am doing the flashing with the help of ROM named PAC, which is really famous and used by many Ace owners.
Disclaimer : Neither me, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in the article. All the process are tested and verified by the developer and hence its highly unlikely that any problem may arise. In such an occasion of problem, I am always ready to help you with the same.
- First, to root the device you can follow my post on How to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace. Its a simple procedure and takes only about under 3 minutes.
- If you have already rooted the device then, you have to take a backup of all the data, take a back up of your SMS using the SMS Backup and Recovery App for android. You also need to maintain a minimum charge of 75% on the device.
- Install Clockworkmod custom recovery. (I will tell in detail below)
- Download the PAC Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for Galaxy Ace package and copy it to the memory card.
Installing Clockworkmod in Galaxy Ace
- Download the clockworkmod zip file and copy it to the memory card. The name will be recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-galaxyace-fix.zip.
- Boot the phone in recovery mode by pressing volume up + Home + Lock button.
- Select the option Update from SD card and select the copied zip file. Press Home button to start installing the clockworkmod.
That’s it! After the process is finished select the option reboot the device and you have successfully installed custom recovery on your Ace S5830.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Once you are done with the prerequisites you can continue to the flashing process.
- Switch off the device and boot the device in the recovery mode. As you have already installed the custom recovery clockworkmod you will see it. Now using your volume keys scroll down to wipe data/factory reset.
- Follow the same procedure and Wipe the Cache partition.
- Go back to main menu and select Advanced and on that select wipe the dalvik cache partition.
- Now go back to main screen and select Install Zip from SD card.
- Select the PAC ROM Zip file and confirm the installation.
- It will take couple of minute to finish and once it is done you can select the reboot option and your phone will be booted up in Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM.
So that is how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. The whole process will take under 10 minutes including the rooting and installing the custom recovery. There are so many custom ROM’s available. As you have installed everything now its easy to do the flashing. Just copy the custom ROM zip file and follow the same procedure. Happy flashing.
If you liked the post do like our Facebook page and follow me on Google+ to keep up with the latest news in the android world and tech world. Thank you for reading. Share your comments about the ROM.